SoGEA is officially live!
We’re excited to bring you the news that Gamma’s SoGEA (Single Order Generic Ethernet Access) product is now available to all customers. With lower monthly costs, future-proof connectivity and award-winning support – you will definitely want to know all about it.
What is SoGEA Broadband?
Single Order Generic Ethernet Access – SoGEA – is a new solution which allows you to have a fibre broadband line without the need to have a phone line (Wholesale Line Rental – WLR) to your home or office. Instead, it uses the same fibre/copper network without the phone line.
With the same data rates and geographic availability as FTTC broadband, it delivers the same reliability and performance you have come to rely on.
Do you need Gamma SoGEA?
Yes! With British Telecom planning to have switched off the entire WLR network by 2025, it is vital to make appropriate plans to secure your broadband connection.
What are the benefits?
- Lower monthly costs: By stripping out the cost of the landline, you will only need to pay for a broadband data connection.
- A single provider: As Gamma provides SoGEA, you will only have to deal with one provider, meaning you’ll benefit from having a single point of contact and faster query/fault resolution.
- Increased reliability: Thanks to its established network without the additional of a phone line, the chance of interference or an unstable connection is greatly reduced.
- Faster installation: More single order is placed with Gamma SoGEA, so it is quick to install and comes with little disruption.
- Homeworking solved: With many more businesses now working from home, good connectivity at home has become essential for many. Gamma SoGEA is quicker to install, easier to manage and works well with UCaaS and hosted telephony products.
- Future-proofed connectivity: As the UK prepares to move to full fibre, you’ll be one ahead as Gamma SoGEA enables you to have a broadband or ethernet connection agnostic of the PSTN network.
What if you still want a landline?
No problem. Simply use a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) product, such as Gamma PhoneLine+ or a hosted telephony platform like Gamma Horizon, if you want to continue to make and receive voice calls and use your existing telephone number.
Want to find out more?
To find out more about Gamma SoGEA please contact our Sales Specialist Team or your Business Development Manager.